April 25, 2013

Rough night/early am

I didn't get much sleep last night. Mainly just cat napped. I'm on a morphine pain pump, nut I swear it's not working. It doesn't touch my pain. They just tried oral pain meds to see if that helps. So far nothing helps. To say it hurts is an u derstatement. They just had me up to stand and I was shaking and tearing up from the pain. Brain surgery didn't hurt like this! Add on top of it that I'm starting to cough, and it's a really bad combination.

They are bringing x ray in in a few hours to check my lung and chest tube. I'm still draining too much out of it to even consider going home in the next 24 hrs. They are also going to unhook my catheter once Eric gets here. The idea is to force me out of bed. Supposedly it'll get easier. I'm game just so I can put shorts on and feel a bit more covered :). They also just unhooked my constant oxygen checkere thing. Im doing well enough without it..yay!!

We talk to the surgeon and a rep for my oncologist this morning. I'm interested to see what they have to say. I'll have more updates as the day pcontinues. I find it easier to type as we go. Wouldn't want to forget anything. Thank you for your continued thoughts and prayers. We met some of our prayer warriors for the fist it yesterday. It was nice. Now, to attempt to rest-

- Cassandra

No comments:

Post a Comment