April 11, 2013

Lets talk movies

I havent gone out to see a movie in over a year. See I went while pregnant with Elliot, and it was not an enjoyable experience. Being beaten up from the inside due to all the noise was not my idea of a fun time. So that said, we didnt go. Then after Elliot was born the cancer deal started, and I just never went. So to the point, I was asked about going to see a new movie. It brought about a really good question. Is going to see a 3D movie after brain surgery a good idea?

This is a valid question to me. I mean I still have reading issues etc. So it would make sense to me that 3D would have issues with me too. They always seem surprised that I have vision in my right eye, so it would pose a good question about the whole 3D case. Now Ive not done any research on the matter. This was just a, fly by the seat of my pants, conversation. I mean they always worry that I could have a seizure at any time, hence me being on the anti-seizure meds. It makes me think this is a valid concern.

All the worries aside, my sister in law decided to take a risk and take me to the movies. Probably not the smartest thing for us to do, but ehhh we are rebels. We went during the week, and happened to be the only people there (me, my sister in law, and mother in law). The entire theater was ours!!! Luckily, no seizures happened. However, I do not plan on going to another 3D movie anytime soon. I hated it. My head was splitting after the movie. Ive seen 3D movies in the past, but this was an entirely different experience. My head hurt the next day a bit as well. So while I didnt have any major issues, I plan on avoiding them in the future. Now we know...


No comments:

Post a Comment