January 22, 2013

Liver check!

I had a follow up appointment with my oncologist today. This was to run blood work and check to see if I was having any side effects from the IV therapy. After waiting over an hour past my appointment time, I finally got to see the doctor. He seemed shocked that I wasnt having any side effects other than fatigue. He informed me that my blood work showed my liver was functioning as it should be. (liver issues are a side effect) Basically, anything can be a effect and weekly blood draws will catch any of these signs early. So yay for catching things early!!!

So I go back next week for more blood work. So far due to me not having any issues on the Yervoy, they allowed me to set up my next infusion for Feb 6th. They wont even allow you to set up the appointment unless the doctor clears you. Keep in mind, this can change if I start to have issues. If I start to have side effects they can postpone, or even cancel treatment.

On a completely unrelated note....Elliot finally was able to feed himself cherrios today!!! Hes been able to pick them up for a while, but always seemed to miss the hand /cherrio/ mouth relay. Its the little things.... :)


No comments:

Post a Comment