January 7, 2013

Apples to Apples?

So this weekend we had family game night with my parents, sister, brother in law, aunt and uncle. Its always interesting to play a game that involves reading words on cards ( we played apples to apples) with a person that cannot really read. So I had to have a bit of help from my husband. Finally we all agreed that just letting me play what I thought the card said was more fun than helping. Example you ask? I thought the card said "sea creatures" when in fact it actually said "Sean Connery" lol. I got a laugh out of it. Sea creatures was a lot more funny than Sean Connery for the topic. Oh well. I didnt win the game, but we had a good time.

On a lighter note, Elliot learned how to drink out of a sippy cup!!! Bye bye bottles!!! Im thrilled with this fact. The training cups are bigger, and he has been drinking a full bottle. This allows us to not buy biggerr bottles and just move straight to sippy cups. (its all about the mini victories). Hes also about to crawl any day now. Right now hes moving all around the living room by rolling. So hes somewhat mobile. I was shocked the other day when all of the sudden I felt someone tugging on my pants. He had managed to roll over to me. Little man is doing very well.

As for me...it still hurts to breathe. Im worried that means the cancer in my lung has grown. We wont know until Thursday when I get my new scans. Im sleeping much better now that Im off the steroids. I actually get a full nights sleep. Im also getting my energy back. I managed to walk at a whopping 2 mph on the treatmill for 10 minutes yesterday. I have a feeling that all this may change once we start the IV treatments next week. Shouldn't effect me that way, but you never know until we do it. Still loosing my hair. Seems that my lovely little bald spot gets bigger and bigger daily. Trying not to be vain about it. Its just becoming funny now. Ill have a bald ring around my head, and hair on top. Its the reverse to normal balding. :) Itll likely grow back. Im not worried, for now hats and silk scarves are my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment