March 27, 2013

Insurance fun

Got a fun phone call the other day. Apparently, I raised enough red flags with our insurance company for them to assign me a personal 'RN case worker'. She is assigned to me to help in any way possible (not with claims or stuff like that) but rather with ways to keep me out of the hospital etc, and work with my medical team. Sad, but I can only assume that her job is to keep the insurance company from having to pay more money than necessary.

I find this surprising since in the last calendar year, 2012, I not only had a baby, had brain surgery, ICU stay, and Radiation treatment!!! Seems like last year should have also maxed out whatever $$ plan causes you to get a 'personal case worker'. lol.

Not exactly sure why I would call this lady, if ever. Seems like if I needed a nurse etc, I would be calling my oncologist nurse. (whom I have her on call cell number, so I dont have to deal with the on call doctor). All of this just makes a girl wonder.....whats it take to rate on their "special scale"?

Other than that Im doing okay. My back is still tender, but the pain is much better. Took a lot of rest, and some heavy pain killers to get to feeling better. Still battling a few side effects of the Yervoy. It should be getting better in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment