February 20, 2013

Night 1 on the good meds

I almost forgot how it is to sleep a few hours in a row. I managed to get a few consecutive hours of sleep last night. I was still up multiple times. Seems like while this stuff makes my cough go away, it doesnt necessarily mean sleep. Just means Im loopy, and not coughing. The stuff makes me out of it enough that I cant take it and be alone with Elliot. I just dont trust it. It has the potential to knock me out, and with a crawling baby on my hands its just not wise.

Im still feeling like total crap today. Woke up and cant really speak above a whisper. This means that by the end of the day my voice will be completely gone. I also notice the wheezing when I do breath more. The doctor mentioned it yesterday, now its more noticeable to me this morning. Hopefully the antibiotics will kick in today and help. Scary to hear wheezing noises when you breath, but hey Im not coughing nearly as much! Not sure if thats better or worse. Better for me as in it doesnt hurt, but is it truly better?

Its almost comical again to see me take my daily meds. I have a mini drug store to take every morning. I swear its getting hard to remember which pill does what. Add in the 4 new medications they gave me yesterday and its like heres a bucket of pills. Good luck. I guess they never said having cancer is fun.

Eric half jokingly said hes going to buy me a box of surgical masks for when I go out in public. He doesnt want me to get sick again. Its just too hard on my body, as my system is shot. I told him that if it came down to my need/want to get out of the house vs wearing a mask, Id just stay home. After having to wear one at the doctors office Ill pass. They are hot and a pain to breathe in. House arrest for me then. Me and my lack of immune system will just stay home. Maybe I should make Eric bathe in antibacterial stuff when he gets home daily from work. Wonder if that helps? Maybe, I could get one of those hazmat shower things for him....ahhh I think Im going back to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment